Here is an Emacs mode for editing mi file (mi-mode.el). I found it useful.
As an example in here, I create one teapot in 3dsmax and assign a mia_material (Arch&Design). Since 3dsmax exports an mi file with 3dsmax shader dependency, mental ray standalone could have a problem to render that mi file. mental ray standalone usually doesn't have 3dsmax shaders. The main advantage of the standalone mental ray is parallel rendering on a render farm. I couldn't tell the legal license of the 3dsmax shaders. For the safe side, if we have no dependency to the 3dsmax shaders, it shouldn't have a problem. (Or you can also install 3dsmax to all the render farm machine, though it doesn't make much sense.) If I just render the mi file from the 3dsmax without modifying, I see the following error. --- > ray -x on -v 5 00teapot_ex00.mi ... LINK 0.0 error 191007: cannot load 3dsmaxhair.dll, The specified module could not be found. ... LINK 0.0 error 191007: cannot load mayabase.dll, The specified module could not be found. ... LINK 0.0...
Comments
Post a Comment